Brother Sparrow by Agnes Obel




Agnes Obel is a singer-songwriter from Copenhagen. Her mother was a "brilliant musician," and was the biggest influence in Agnes' musical career. Growing up in a household full of music, she started playing the piano at a very young age. Currently, Agnes is signed under PIAS Recordings, where her first album, Philharmonics, was released under in 2010. I used to listen to a lot of Agnes Obel. I loved accompanying Sexing the Cherry, a book I read at the time, with this album. Both had a beautiful, sad and poetic feel to it, and what can I say, they just fit together like peanut butter and jam.
  
I have been watching a lot of Revenge (that new TV show) lately, and much to my surprise, a sweet, familiar voice accompanied Emily's spiteful narrations in one episode. I was glad, because as a person who likes a lot of music, there is nothing more you want than for people to know of your favorite artists' music as well, and be moved by it the way you were.

Brother Sparrow was the first Agnes Obel song I ever heard. I was high on folk music at the time, so she was a real hit for a couple of months. What do you think of it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter @whatfireshesaid

Featured: The Boxing Plot