Movie Soundtrack: Beastly (2011)


There's a lot of negative things to say about the film Beastly--badly written, plot holes, low budgeted showcase (I don't know if it really bothers anyone or just me), and to top it all of, poorly acted. The film even scored a painful 20% in Rotten Tomatoes. However, as a sap and sucker for romantic movies, I must confess that I somehow enjoyed the film. Mostly for two reasons: Alex Pettyfer and the soundtrack. I think we can all agree on both things. As a Regina Spektor fan, I enjoyed hearing On The Radio and of course Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism. Hearing Transat climax into "I need you so much closer" is pure musical wonder. Makes you just want to run arms wide open to that person in your life. Toby Martin's Garden of Exile would have to be my favorite music in the movie, though. Everytime I listen to the song, I can see Kyle banished from his once-picture-perfect life, looking through his Brooklyn window and into Manhattan. I thought it fit the scene perfectly. One unfamiliar song that caught my attention though is from the scene where Kyle was putting Lindy to bed. I thought it was nice, so I was a bit disappointed when I got the Beastly soundtrack album and learned the song wasn't in it. I tried to Shazam the song, but the application couldn't identify it. As a last resort, I Googled the lyrics and fortunately found what I was looking for.

The song is called Forever and a Day by artist Jemma Griffiths, or better known as Jem. Through the process of searching for this song, I saw that a lot of people are searching for it as well, which is why I decided to make this post. The arrangement's a bit different from the one used in the film though--the studio version is more pop as opposed to more acoustic as can be heard in the film--but nevertheless still enjoyable.




2 comments:

 

Twitter @whatfireshesaid

Featured: The Boxing Plot