Tegan and Sara Heartthrob Tour: Live in Manila

 Photo courtesy of Art Oca of When In Manila.

I was at the Tegan and Sara Heartthrob tour in Manila, and if you've heard that a lot of people were absolutely swooned by the twins and their 80's vibe music, I can tell you now that I was one of those fanatics. Every upbeat song was a party, and I danced and smiled to myself a lot, but the ballads like How Come You Don't Want Me were filled to the brim with raw emotions, on the other hand. At one point I was pressing both my hands to my chest, because it felt like my heart would fall off I didn't. It didn't help that Sara was thumping her fists to her chest as well while singing the chorus: "How come you don't want me now? Why don't you want to wait this out?" Who broke your heart, Sara? I remember thinking this while I was singing along with the same ardor as she, as if empathizing with her pain.

It was an amazing show, and though it took the Tegan and Sara a long time to visit their fans in Manila, I like to think that it wouldn't have been this special had they went years earlier. Their latest album, Heartthrob, is really special, and special things like that are always worth the wait.

"With Drove Me Wild playing in my head all day long, I arrived at the premises of NBC Tent in Fort Bonifacio with an eagerness I hadn’t felt in a while. Live shows have always fed me with such a rush; it has become an addiction. Nothing compares to when your favorite music is being played live in front of you, being sung by artists you adore so much they might as well be your friends, and pouring your heart out to lyrics that hits so close to home, you feel it was written especially for you.

And that was exactly how that night at the Tegan and Sara live in Manila show went. The duo hit close to home."


Read my entire review of the show for When in Manila through this link.



TEGAN AND SARA


STYLES ENTERTAINMENT


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter @whatfireshesaid

Featured: The Boxing Plot